Friday, July 8, 2016

A note from Ricardo

Hi Ken,

Was reading your blog on Polychrome and it brings lots of memories.

I started with Polychrome as an Office Manager in 1972 in Miami.  Went into sales
on June 1976. That year that only had six months, I ended up number one in equipment sales in the country and again in 1977  For those efforts, the late Larry Golusinski  took me out to dinner with the rest of the sales force at that branch.  In 1979 I became Polychrome Top Salesman in the USA, beating Bert Burros of Short Hills, New Jersey becoming a member of the Millionaire's Club in only my third year in sales with the company.

This time I was invited to dinner together with my wife by Mr. Enrique Levy, who was
running Polychrome at the time.

During my time with Polychrome, I've met many great people for whom I have very good
memories like Mr. Gregory Halpern, Mr.James Graves, Mr. George Dakos, Mr. Bill Young, 
Mr. Victor Tkachenko, Mr. Nick Izzi and others, who were so much part of success.

Polychrome was a great company to work for, until changes were made and Mr. Halpern
was no longer involved

Left Polychrome in 1980 to establish the Pitman Company Miami Branch, where I work
for 5 years as their active branch manager.
                      
I'm still very active in the business, where I preside over my company with my son and we
are representing first line products for the industry.

Best regards
Ricardo 'Rick' Dieguez - President
Grafix World LLC
Manufacturer Representatives
and Printing Consultants