Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Additional memo from Mr. Gumbinner 22 Berwick personnel

A supervisor of the plant told me about a bar in Berwick where I could get Poached salmon .  By poached he meant caught on the property of an estate.  Usually we would take the train to Edinburgh from London to get there.  Several times we hired a private plane. As the pilot started to land he pulled up suddenly.  Somebody had erected a fence.  The only hotel in Berwick was a musty old one.  Mr. Halpern, when he visited Berwick either stayed in a motel several miles or in Edinburgh.  Our Yonkers employee,  who was a lead stencil coater resigned saying he had inherited a bar in Peebles, Scotland from his uncle.  About three years later he returned.  Once when Mr. Halpern was in Edinburgh instead of taking the shortest way from Berwick along the coast, I took the road along the Tweed.  It was an attractive drive.  At a point I made a right turn to drive north to Edinburgh through Peebles.  When I reached Peebles I stopped at a gas station and said I am from Polychrome one of our employees inherited a bar.  A man in the station immediately said you mean Archie Anderson.  When I said yes.  He told me it wasn’t a bar it was fish and chips restaurant and now it sold old bottles and he told me where it was.  I stopped there briefly and went on to Edinburgh.