Wednesday, June 20, 2018

mail from Lew Cohen

From time to time i receive mail from ex-employee, family member of employee and those interested in Polychrome history.         Since this blog accumulated enough material simply Googling "Polychrome Corporation" brings them to this blog.          I am always delighted to hear their thoughts on Polychrome which invariably remain positive after so many years.        Here is the latest I received from Mr. Lew Cohen.

Mr. Shimazu,
I stumbled onto the blog you have about Polychrome. I was an employee back in the late 1970' to the mid 1980's.

I was 2 shift manufacturing supervisor in Offset manufacturing running C,D, and F lines. It was my first "Real job after college" I d fondly remember it.
 They are correct forget what you learn in college and learn at a Great Job. I learnt so much about people and how they interact with each other and how the Pride factor will surface. 

 Seeing all the pictures and stories of the plant and the people brought back a flood of memories that I have forgotten about. What I found so fascinating that many of the people that I supervised were still there at the shutdown of operations. A lot of them look the same just a little older.

 I always viewed my time at Polychrome as a positive influence in my others jobs, I would ask myself if a issue came up what would I do at Polychrome.

I do remember talk about when Kodak bought them and figured they would close the plant. But I had relocated to California and lost track of it.

I did return to the New York area a few years ago and did drive to the plant and saw it gone. Felt like a part of me was gone.


I do thank you for keeping a part of the story alive.

Thank You,
Lew Cohen