Sunday, January 30, 2022

Yonkers facility around 1988 from Mr. Kawaguchi

I received a note from Mr.Takeshi Kawaguchi with photos of Yonkers facility around 1988. Thank you very much Mr. Kawaguchi for sharing these memories. Dear Mr. Shimazu My name is Takeshi Kawaguchi. I was dispatched to Yonkers by DIC in 1988 to prepare for the construction of a printing plate factory in Gunma. I'm about 70 years old now, and retired. I sometimes file and sort photos I took before and upload to Google maps. While I was looking around Yonkers, New York on the Internet, I found your Polychrome archive. Thank you very much for creating such a precious record. Here are some pictures of the Yonkers factory while I was there. I would like to express my deepest thanks to all the Polychrome people. I remember you often kindly invited us for lunch. I also thank Mr. Simon Chu, whose business and leadership attitude greatly impressed me. If you know Jen-chi Huang's email address, please let me know, for I would like to convey my gratitude. I am not sure if your computer has a Japanese language environment, so I am writing this in English. Corona's outlook is completely unknown, and anxiety and confusion continue. I hope you are paying attention and staying healthy. Sincerely yours, Takeshi Kawaguchi